Friday, 26 July 2013

Välkommen till Sverige!

I arrived in Eskilstuna last night around 8pm. Unable to maneuver anywhere with 3 suitcases, I had to recruit some local help. I was met at the train station by Tina who works at the senior school. She brought me to my apartment. I was pleasantly surprised by my new accommodations. It's a lot bigger than I thought!

Before that, she took me on a quick tour of the town by car. Eskilstuna is designed as a bike town which is pretty interesting. Tina's going to help me find a bike in the next couple of weeks. 

 Eskilstuna has the feel of other European cities such as Amsterdam and Brussels but on a different scale. The buildings do not seem as old however. There is something else unique about it (can't quite pinpoint it) which I'll surely discover as I spend more time here.

I leave you with a beautiful picture I took as I flew into Stockholm and a story. I met a family on the train into town. Their little girl named Mora asked me how I had travelled here. I told her that I flew and she replied with, "I didn't know you had wings!"

I hope I can always view the world with a lens of child-like wonder. Mora's little bit of humour helped relieve some of the stress I was feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment